What data does L'Express des Iles need?
In general, you can visit us on the L’Express des Iles website without having to tell us who you are or to provide any personal data. However, it may be the case that by not providing the minimum necessary data indicated in the corresponding entry fields and in other pages of the website visited, L’Express des Iles is unable to sell you products and/or provide you with certain services.
Why L'Express des Iles collects personal data.
Personal Data means any data about an individual which allows that individual to be identified, such as his name, age, telephone number, postal or email address (“Personal Data”). L’Express des Iles would like to collect, store and use your Personal Data to:
- fulfil its obligations arising from the sales and purchase contracts or any other contract concluded between L’Express des Iles and yourself
- provide customer support, including services related to the L’Express des Iles business
- find out your opinion on the products and services of L’Express des Iles and conduct product surveys among the public
- facilitate and process your searches and requests for information about L’Express des Iles and its products and services
- provide you with the latest information about the products and services of L’Express des Iles, including special offers in which you may be interested
- improve the products and services of L’Express des Iles for you
- organize raffles, competitions and other promotional offers
How does L'Express des Iles collect personal data?
L’Express des Iles collects data about you in several ways. For example, we may ask for your contact information when you correspond with L’Express des Iles, call L’Express des Iles to make a purchase or request a service, sign up to participate in an online survey or promotional offers.
The personal data we collect may be stored in various databases. L’Express des Iles does everything in its power to take into account the most diverse preferences which you may have expressed over time so that your data are processed in a consistent manner. If, for any reason, you receive incorrect data, the L’Express des Iles Customer Service Department may contact you to rectify the situation.
When does L'Express des Iles communicate personal data?
L’Express des Iles will refrain from communicating Personal Data to third parties other than companies belonging to the L’Express des Iles group without your consent, except in the following cases:
– The Personal Data may be communicated to third-party subcontractors to enable them to fulfil the contracts to which you are a party, for which l’Express des Iles calls upon other companies to carry out tasks on its behalf, these tasks being, for example, the execution of orders, the delivery of parcels, the sending of postal and electronic mail, the provision of commercial assistance, the processing of payments by credit card and the provision of information to customers. These companies will have access to the personal data needed to carry out these tasks, but they are not allowed to use it for any other purpose and are obliged to process the data in accordance with the applicable legislation.
– Personal Data may be communicated to third parties in order to comply with the legal obligations to which L’Express des Iles is subject.
- do not use the Personal Data for purposes other than those permitted
- obtain and process Personal Data only on the condition that they protect it from misuse, and adopt and comply with strict policies and conditions regarding the protection and use of Personal Data
- strictly comply with applicable laws. Anonymous or generic data (including “generic” statistics) from which you cannot be identified are excluded from restrictions on use, processing, disclosure, transmission and other restrictions on the use of Personal Data.
Access to your personal data
In accordance with the French Data Protection Act of 6th January 1978, you have the right to the access to, rectification, modification and deletion of your Personal Data. You can also refuse to have your Personal Data used. If you wish to view, correct, modify or update your Personal Data stored in a L’Express des Iles database, contact L’Express des Iles at the address indicated in the Contact section, by email, fax, telephone or post. For privacy reasons, you will be asked to provide proof of your identity. If you no longer wish to receive an email which has been sent to you, follow the “Unsubscribe” link and/or the instructions placed (normally) at the bottom of the email. If you use more than one email address to make purchases or to contact L’Express des Iles, you should unsubscribe for each email account you use.
Links to other websites
The L’Express des Iles website may contain links to other websites which are not operated by L’Express des Iles. L’Express des Iles does not share your Personal Information with these websites. While L’Express des Iles aims to only link to websites which share L’Express des Iles‘ high standards and respect for privacy, L’Express des Iles is not responsible for the content, security or privacy practices of other websites and expressly disclaims any liability arising from the use of such websites or the content found on such websites.